Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Osprey Have Returned.....

Every day for the past week I have been diligently keeping watch for the Osprey.
Yesterday afternoon on my drive home I saw that three had finally arrived back at their old roosts. They were not there in the morning on my drive to work and none were seen in the sky...so an afternoon arrival it was....So this morning I saw four, two were on one roost as a pair.
The other two were on separate roosts a good distance apart. They were busy readying their nests. It was interesting seeing them doing their "spring house cleaning' in preparation for creating a new family.
Yesterday it felt so good to see the safe return of these birds...a relief in fact....now it is just wait and see if the other mates return safely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment